Monday, February 22, 2016

Stateside Map - DCWV

Hello! DCWV has a new collection (paper pads, alterables, embellishments) coming to JoAnn Stores called Stateside. It's all about maps, travel, and the United States. One offering from the line is a set of three maps, sized 20x36. I chose to work with the traditional style map for a nook in my livingroom:



To personalize the map, I took inspiration from this pin (totally not my idea!) and stitched around the states we've lived in.


I coordinated the thread color to the color of the state. Tip: While the map paper is great for wall art, it isn't meant for embroidery. When stitches are small (like around the Bay Area in California), your needle may tear the paper. To keep this from happening, put tape on the back side of the map before you pierce your holes. Yes, I learned the hard way!


I love the look so much that I am considering stitching all the states! Wouldn't that be even more fabulous on the wall?

Check out my post on the DCWV blog here, as well as more Stateside inspiration from the design team. Look for Stateside at JoAnn stores soon! Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week :). Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!