Friday, January 1, 2016

Time - One Little Word 2016

Hello 2016! I love a new beginning, and nothing has shaped the start of a new year for me more than "One Little Word". I'm grateful to Ali Edwards for this concept, and for the workshop she leads. I signed up for the workshop for the first time this past year, and even though I didn't participate every month, my word was visible in a way that it never had been before. I'll be doing the workshop again this year and I'm looking forward to making it more of a priority. I've seen what my word has done for me, and I can only imagine what it can do for me with more nurturing.


The word I have chosen for 2016 is TIME. To be more accurate, my word chose me. In October I started seeking out my next word, but I struggled to find it. I began to wonder if I'd ever find a word to connect with. One afternoon, while feeling the stress of the daily grind, I took a break to practice my current word - still. In that quiet moment, my next word settled like a falling feather in my mind - time. It wasn't accompanied by any fanfare, mental fireworks or a spiritual awakening, but the peace I felt was a witness that "time" was the one.

I love that I was led to my 2016 word by my 2015 word. If I had not realized meaningful growth with still, I probably would have missed out on time. I have no idea what TIME will teach me, but I am excited by all the possibility.



I expect 2016 to be just as challenging, hard, and beautiful as 2015, but I know keeping my word visible will help me to cling to what I know to be important, increase in what I lack, and start 2017 as a better person.

How about you? What's your word?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!