Friday, September 6, 2013

Show Me Your Smile - DCWV's Fiber Stack

DCWV has come out with 6x6 pads of the most incredible textured papers! There is something for everyone - corrugated, glittered, metallic, cork, fabric...the list goes on and on. I played with the Fiber Natural Stack last week to make the flower on this card:



To make a similar flower, follow these steps:
1. Using a template or manual die-cut machine, cut out three large flower shapes and three small flower shapes. An electronic die-cut machine won't work (I tried - the paper is too fibery).
2. Using a Q-tip or small paint brush, moisten the edge of a petal with water. Use your fingers to curl the petal and distress the edge a little bit. You could also use a stylus or pencil, but I liked the effect my fingers achieved best. The paper will start to separate slightly and get a little fuzzy. When you're happy with the shape, move on to the next petal.



3. Curl all the petals on all six flower shapes, then allow them to dry thoroughly.
4. Stack the flowers and secure each layer with glue.
5. Sew beads into the center of the flower.
6. Glue silk leaves to the back of the flower.



I made the card with the Sweet Tangerine Stack. I simply cut a border strip from one of the sheets to make my bottom border - easy peasy. Then I fussy-cut a pair of flowers from the same pattern and adhered them to the card. The sentiment is made of stickers by Cosmo Cricket.

To see more projects using the Fiber stack, head over to the DCWV blog today :). There are some really amazing things there! I hope your Friday is great and your weekend, too! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!