Sunday, April 8, 2012

Smash Sunday


Happy Easter! We have had a very full weekend - family, fun, and lots of quality time :). It has been great and the fun just keeps going! I didn't want to skip a Smash Sunday post, though, so here is a page I am working on:


I just need to add a journaling card to the library pocket and this side will be complete. I'm not sure what the left side will be yet.


The black and white photo is of my great-grandparents on their honeymoon. I decided to add it to my red, Everyday-themed book because we were recently talking as a family about the loved ones that aren't with us anymore and it made me think of them. I remember going for a walk once with my great-grandpa, and I remember my great-grandmother's smile. They passed away several years ago, but I know one day that I will see them again.


I used a lot of rose stickers because my great-grandmother's name is Rose. I tried to keep the rest of the details either love- or vintage-themed.


I was once asked how I knew that I would see my deceased relatives again one day. My response was this: I have faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ, and because of his atoning sacrifice and resurrection, I will one day live with Him and my family again. On this Easter Sunday, I have a heart filled with gratitude and love for my Savior. This message has touched my heart so very deeply and I invite you to watch, if you'd like.


Thank you for stopping by today and Happy Easter!

5 comments:

  1. This page is great Tessa! I love all of the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely book Tessa! love the artsy feeling! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a GREAt little book Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your smash pages are always so well put together. LOVE everything about this page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!