Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tribute to Sketchy Thursdays

I feel like I just said goodbye to a dear friend, one that I may never see again. Sketchy Thursdays has posted its last sketch for the blog as we know it. You can read the announcement here.

I found Diana Fisher's blog when we both made the design team for A Scrappy Design back in 2009. Diana was posting sketches on her blog and even though I had never liked using sketches before, I gave them a try. Diana's sketches were so easy to use and just the spark I needed. I remember being so excited when she would leave a comment on my flickr photostream about my layouts :). Soon Diana and Heidi Myers launched Sketchy Thursdays and I was thrilled to be a part of their first team. I enjoyed my first term thoroughly, was a guest designer during the next term, and then they just couldn't get rid of me from then on :). Being on the Sketchy Thursdays design team has been a real, sweet, treasured part of my life for the past few years. I wish Diana, Heidi, and all the rest of the ST gang the best. I hope you know how grateful I am...for everything :).

In tribute, I've put together as many of my Sketchy Thursdays layouts as I could find into these collages.


Ack, before tears hit the keyboard, I'm going to switch gears. I played along with a fun challenge from The Paper Variety this week. The challenge is to use black and white with a pop of color. I made a birthday card for one of my girls at church, a girl after my own yellow-loving heart :).


Of course I had to use SRM Stickers for my sentiment :).



Thanks for the challenge, TPV! I hope you will make the time to visit Sketchy Thursdays this week. If you're a fan, be sure to let Diana and Heidi know they will be missed. I know how hard the decision must have been to make and I'm sure they can use the virtual hugs. Have a great Thursday! Tessa

9 comments:

  1. I saw the news from Sketchy Thursdays today and also felt so sad like a good friend was moving away. They will be missed....your collages are amazing. I played alot with them but wow! not as much as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cool to see all your Sketchy Thursday layouts together like that! What a great tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I started following u through ST, Tessa! I was thinking along the same lines as you and doing a tribute, but didn't get to it! But I love seeing all your work in a collage like that...you can really see your style. Love the beautiful card, too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see how many of the Sketchy Thursday sketches you have done! I am going to miss them too. Your card is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful collection of layouts! LOVE this card, that pop of yellow from the flower adds just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super duper awesome .. love it xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well first, TEAR! Tessa, you have been an amazing friend through all of this. You really were there at the beginning of the crazy idea — thank you for all the love and support.

    I can't believe just how many layouts you made. I should go back and see how many I made — has to be that many, too. :)

    Your card is gorgeous, of course, and thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely and heart-warming post about ST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Tessa, that's quite some tribute : ) Your work is always so beautiful and inspiring. I've loved creating alongside you, your've beeen a great teamie, thank you.
    I shall be popping in here regular to keep up with you.
    Take Care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool to see so many takes on the sketches all together! And that card is just stunning! love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!