Thursday, January 5, 2012

1st Layout and 1st Card of 2012

Hello! Thanks to Sketchy Thursdays and Scrapbook Circle, I have my first layout and first card of the new year to share with you today.


A new sketch is up at Sketchy Thursdays, and this week's sketch has a prompt in partnership with our sponsor, Scrappy Chics. The prompt is to use blue and silver, inspired by their current kit.


When I saw this chevron paper by Authentique, I had to get it and put it to use on this page. I also loved using their little word stickers. I used a Pink Paislee mask to create the long vertical rectangle in the center, but you have to look carefully to see it. I love how subtle it is.


I had fun adding texture with the trim and doilies. I'm so glad I saved these bright blue doilies from forever ago. They were perfect for this project :).


To play along at Sketchy Thursdays, see this post. There's a gift card up for grabs :). And speaking of a gift card, you can also win one at Scrapbook Circle by playing along with this card sketch:


Can you believe I made this sketch? I totally cheated (meaning I just layered things other people made - I so don't deserve any credit). Anyway, I made a Valentine for my hubby with the new You + Me kit:


I really love the kraft, red, grey, white combo. You have to see the entire kit (here). And play along (here).

So there you have it! My first layout and card of 2012. I see many, many more in the near future :). Thank you for spending some time with me today! Have a good one! Tessa

7 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love the lace, the doilies and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the texture in the layout and all the layers in the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the doilies on the page! GREAT layout and love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spied my new favorite Authentique right away on this layout! Love the blue/silver combo. I hope to play along with BOTH these challenges! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout - I love the colors and those doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh the chevrons,be still my heart!!Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style , clean, crisp and beautiful ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!